Good Afternoon & Happy 1st Week of Advent! I hope you all enjoyed the long Thanksgiving weekend and had a wonderful time with your families. I missed the students very much and am so excited to go through an amazing Advent journey together during the next month together.
This month brings many surprises and special events for us in Kindergarten!
1) We began our Advent Countdown where one special surprise student each day will select a gift bag with our story of the day. Also today our awesome class scout elf, Snowflake, has arrived from the North Pole! He is here to watch us all being the wonderful bucket fillers and peacemakers we are and to learn all about Jesus with us.
2) Today we sent home a flyer for our upcoming Kindergarten Christmas Gift Exchange. Please read the letter and let me know if you have questions. We kindly ask you to send the gifts to school by December 18th, if possible.
3) Mrs. Mulvihill has so nicely reached out to me last week that she would like to put together a Christmas Goody Bag for each student. We kindly request that if each family could please send in a donation of Christmas themed favors, enough for 26 students, we would greatly appreciate it so much. Please send them in your child’s backpack labeled Favors For Mrs. Mulvihill we will send them along. If you could please bring them in by Friday, December 11th. Thank you in advance for your support!
4) Reading Folders are going home today with December materials for the month, along with our weekly practice and our 5 new sight words. I will be sending home all November work with their prizes and certificates by the middle of the week.
5) We will be having our TOP SECRET “Polar Express” event on Tuesday, December 22nd. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to have parent volunteers in-person that day, however as we get closer I may reach out in regards to ways we might need a little help to prepare. It is going to be an amazing day, and I cannot wait to surprise them.
6) Please look at the Friday Folder for all other important info from the school.
Here are the themes/concepts we are focusing on this week:
1) Reading/Language Arts/Phonics:
- Letters & Sounds- Reviewing Consonants & Vowels
-Sight Words- find, one, little, yellow, it
-Drawing & Labeling- Building Independent Writing
-Reading Comprehension Skill- Plot
-Graphing & Data
-Advent- Week of Hope
-Advent Song & Calendar Daily
4) Social Studies:
-Holidays Around the World Unit Begins
Thank you so much for your time & attention. I truly appreciate all your support to help us make this a December to truly remember! As always, should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Love & Prayers,